It is the policy of the Sandy Creek Baptist Association NOT to provide names of churches seeking senior pastor positions unless the individual church asks us to post such information. However, we work with member churches and prospective candidates in the ministry search process. Listed below is information that may be helpful to both prospective candidates and member churches with regard to the ways SCBA can assist in the search process:
Prospective Candidate Information: The Sandy Creek Association requires the following steps if a prospective candidate wishes SCBA to share the candidate's resume with member churches upon their request. Certainly, candidates may apply to the individual church on their own but SCBA still recommends to our member churches that the information listed below be obtained (and most of our member churches have requested this information from prospective candidates when they have not supplied this information in recent months).
1. Candidates may mail or e mail resumes to SCBA. E mail is preferred. The other items listed below may be provided in the same way with the exception of the release form (signature required). E mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org and mail address is 2807 Sandy Creek Church Road, Sanford NC 27330.
2. Candidates MUST complete the questionaire form for SCBA to submit their name to a member church. You may obtain this form by clicking QUESTIONAIRE
Church Helps In the Minister Search Process: SCBA stands ready to assist our member church in the seaarch process for a new minister. Simply contact Eric Davidson at 919-776-9423 (Office), or via e mail at email@example.com. He stands ready to work with the Minister Search Committee EVERY step of the way - beginning with committee training or consultation. Listed below are ways SCBA can assist you and documents you may downlowd to use in the search process.
1. Search Committee Training: Eric will work with the search committee and offer training and assistance. He has materials to share to assist in the search process. Often times, churches use the interim time period to re-visit goals for the church, etc. Eric has help for that process and demographic information that may assist the church as well.
2. Pulpit Supply:
3. Pulpit Supply List: SCBA seeks to keep our pulpit supply list up-to-date. Some of those on the list may already have places of service as interims, but this list can be used for both pulpit supply and potential interims. For the most recent supply list, click on the following link: //scba%20supply%20-%20updated%2010-24-2013.pdf
4. Resumes Available at SCBA: Eric provides resumes for churches searching for a minister when the church feels it is ready for resumes. He attempts to "match up" the expressed needs of the church with prospective candidates that appear to meet the criteria established by the church. Resumes he provides are not recommendations, rather they are provided to assist the church in the process. He will provide the number of resumes requested by the church.
5. Forms That May Prove Helpful In The Search Process: Listed below are several forms that are helpful in the search process. Feel free to download and adapt to the needs of your particular member church. For "Ten Commandments For A Pastor Search Committee," click here.